Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Value of Speech...

Peace one and all...
Welcome to another Sunday night installment of the strange world that is the Corner. The subject of tonight's excursion is speech. Or, more precisely, the value of speech. I was just flicking through The Content of Character, a small collection of beneficial ahadith and I came across two Traditions relating to speech. For sure, these two Traditions focus on different aspects. However, they both convey a very important idea - that what comes out of our mouths is a judgement for us or against us.
And, given my penchant for such things, I thought I'd include there here for you.

'The Messenger of God ( ) said, "A person has done enough wrong in his
life if he simply repeats everything he hears" (Muslim)

'The Messenger of God ( ) said, "A kind word is charity"
(al-Bukhari & Muslim)

Well...now that I've posted these two traditions, I need to go and put my own speech to use: it's time for the maghrib prayer!
Ma'as salama,
Abdur Rahman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home