Friday, May 26, 2006

'And God carries the Water'!

Peace, one and all...
Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim wa al-salatu wa al-salamu `ala Rasul illah...
This poem was inspired by a line of poetry from Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi.
‘And God carries the Water’…

‘And God carries the Water’ with which I pour out my shame, my weakness, my hope,

‘And God carries the Water’ with which I seek to wash away the stains of this world,

‘And God carries the Water’ which sustains me on my long journey Home,

‘And God carries the Water’ through which I ready my soul to face Him in prayer,

‘And God carries the Water’ which brings forth new life from the nightly intertwining of garment into garment,

‘And God carries the Water’ to wherever He so wills, bringing new life to dead earth,

‘And God carries the Water’ through which I swim, seeking the Safinah al-Din,

‘And God carries the Water’ I share with wife, children, family, in grateful reflection for the beauty of the Everlasting Sea,

‘And God carries the Water’ rushing from mountain brook, to river delta, carrying all things in its wake,

‘And God carries the Water’ in which I seek to drown, a thing forgotten, though I stand still upon the shore,

‘And God carries the Water’...

Ma'as salama,
Abdur Rahman
(faulty 'Servant of the Most Merciful')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home