Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Corner Culture...Dude!



Peace be with you, one and all...
As part of my ongoing explorations of Muslim cultures, I've recently come across some really stirring Iranian sufi-style music. I say sufi-style because I don't speak Farsi. The music is very haunting and has a rare beauty. The particular track I'm listening to at present (right now in fact), is by an artist called Shahram Nazeri. It has lots of strings and drums and reminds me (for some reason) of some of the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon music. Al hamdu lillah, the more I explore Muslim cultures, the more I find.
Let me know what you think about music and Islam and related topics... (But, please, no comments designed to provoke arguments).
Ma'as salama,
Abdur Rahman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home