Monday, August 01, 2005

Welcome to the Corner: Abdur Rahman's little piece of the world


May peace and the mercy of God be with you....
Welcome to Abdur Rahman's Corner, my very own blog spot. In these pages, I hope to share my thoughts with the wider world. In particular, I will be posting material on those things which truly motivate, fascinate and inspire me.
First of all, I suppose I should start off by introducing myself..... My name (as the blog's title may suggest) is Abdur Rahman; I am a 32 year old Muslim living in Wales, UK (though I am originally from the East End of London - Hackney to be exact). I have been married for about 6 years and I am fortunate enough to be the father of two beautiful children (a girl of 3 and a boy of 18 months).
Abdur Rahman (which, incidentally, means 'Servant of the Merciful') is the name I chose upon accepting Islam some years ago. Although many people adopt new names when they embrace Islam, it is not necessarily required. However, in my own case, my choice of this particular name is aspirational; I would like to one day become a true servant of Allah, insha Allah.
As I sit writing this initial post, I find myself wondering exactly where I'm going with this... Well, I'm not sure I have all of the answers. However, my intention (at least at this stage) is to provide myself with a space to reflect on those topics, subjects and issues which seem pressing at any given point in time. Moreover, I also hope to use this blog as a means of sharing my own intersts and views with the wider world.
Ma'as salama,
Abdur Rahman